Monday, February 4, 2013

Musing Mondays (15)


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Musing Mondays is a weekly Meme by Mizb @ Should Be Reading

This weeks musing asks...Describe one of your reading habits. 
One thing I always do when I bring a new book home is immediately find a spot for it on my bookshelf. I'm a bit OCD about my bookshelf - I have specific shelves where I put my favourite books and series, and my books have to be in height order. So, when I buy a new book, I usually need to move some things around in order to find just the right spot for it. And then when new books arrive, I go through the process again, and books might need to be shuffled around some more - arranging my bookshelf is a never ending job! 

What about you? Do you have any interesting book habits?

7 comments:

  1. I wish I was that organized with my new reads. My bookshelf needs to be organized. Have a great week. Here's the link to my post.
    http://georgielee.blogspot.com/2013/02/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much of a system other than by piles: TBR / won / for review etc. Here's one of my reading habits: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/chatterbox/

    ReplyDelete
  3. find a place on your bookshelf...you mean you still have empty space???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do! Before I got into blogging I used to mostly borrow books from my local library, and I cleared out my bookshelf every now and then to donate some books to charity, but I haven't in ages and I've started to buy more books, so it's getting trickier and trickier to find space! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I'm the exact same way with my own bookshelves! I have all of my shelves organized in a very specific way so every time I go book shopping I immediately spend the time right after I get home reorganizing everything, so I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought it was a bit strange how much thought and effort I put into organizing my bookshelf, but now I know I'm not the only one! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm - when I bring a book home, it doesn't immediately go on my bookshelf. I put it in my bedroom in a stack of books that I want to read. If that stack gets really high, then I transfer them all to the bookshelf because the husband will start complaining :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...