Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (13)

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted at Pen to Paper


This week I'm wishing for...

Cress by Marissa Meyer


Summary from Goodreads:

"Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 
When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can." 

Why I'm Wishing for It:
We're two books into this series and I'm absolutely loving it! Anything that includes a story re-told is an instant fave of mine, so this series, which so far has retold the classic fairytales of Cinderalla and Little Red Riding Hood was always going to be something I loved. And now this - a retelling of Rapunzel - it's just genius. I can't wait until this one's released next year. 

What about you? What are you wishing for this week?

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried this series, and I keep hearing such good things about it! I hope you enjoy this one -- and maybe I'll finally check out the 1st book.

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the book I picked for this week too! I love the new cover for it. I hope you get it when it comes out!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/wishlist-wednesday-59.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this series! It is so much fun and although they're retellings of fairy tales they are so fresh and original. Great choice I can't wait for this one either :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/wishlist-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...