Monday, December 19, 2011

Book Review: Deja Dead (Tempe Brennan #1) by Kathy Reichs

Deja Dead (Tempe Brennan #1) by Kathy Reichs
Release Date: 1st June 1998
Publisher:
Random House

Format: Paperback 
Pages: 509
Rating: 4.5/5.0

Book Blurb:
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
"The meticulously dismembered body of a woman is discovered in the grounds of an abandoned monastery. Too decomposed for standard autopsy. Request anthropological expertise.

Enter Dr Temperance Brennan, Director of Forensic Anthropology for the province of Quebec, and expect in the identification of bodies too old or damaged for routine examination. Tempe has been researching recent disappearances in the city, and despite the deep cynicism of Detective Claudel who heads the investigation, she is convinced that a serial killer is at work. Her forensic expertise finally convinces Claudel, but only after the body count has risen...

Tempe takes matters into her own hands, but her determined probing places those closest to her in mortal danger. Can Tempe make the crucial breakthrough before the killer strikes again?"

Review:
I really, really enjoyed this book, and Kathy Reichs is shaping up to be one of my favourite authors. After reading Death Du Jour a little while ago, I went back to the first book of the series to get the back story straight. Now, I'm determined to read all of the books in the Tempe Brennan series, in order, because they really are just that good.
The book pretty much had me gripped from the beginning, and managed to hold my attention most of the way through. I did, however, find this book harder to read than Death Du Jour, which is why I'm giving it a 4.5 out of 5. But honestly, that's the only reason - not because the story was flawed, just because the book was too long for my liking. 

Most of the rest of my review is along the lines of what I wrote in my review for Death du Jour, so instead of bore everyone who already read that review, I'll just create a link to it here. The last thing I'll say is this - if you're a fan of crime, mystery and thriller books, then you can't go past this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...