Sunday, November 13, 2011

2012 Off The Shelf Challenge

So in keeping with the theme of signing up to a bunch of different challenges to further encourage me to read, I've signed up to the 2012 Off the Shelf Challenge hosted by Bookish Ardour. The aim to to read any of the neglected books gathering dust on your bookshelf that you just haven't got around to reading. Books acquired during 2012 won't count, so if you don't happen to have books spilling out of you bookcase, use a reading list of books published before 2012 (I'm sure you have one lying around somewhere...). There are different levels depending on the amount of books you want to read, and this (coming) year I'll be participating at the 'Trying' level, meaning I'll be aiming to read 15 books from my reading list. My reading list is as follows:

  1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
    {review here}
  2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
    {review here}
  3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
    {review here}
  4. A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander
    {review here}
  5. Abandon by Meg Cabot {review here}
  6. Shatter Me by Tahere Mafi {review here}
  7. A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
    {review here}
  8. The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory {review here}
  9. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott {review here}
  10. The Magician by Michael Scott {review here}
  11. The Sorceress by Michael Scott {review here}
  12. The Necromancer by Michael Scott {review here}
  13. The Warlock by Michael Scott
  14. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley {review here}
  15. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger {review here}
  16. Vixen by Jillian Larkin {review here}
  17. Ingenue by Jillian Larkin
  18. Newes from the Dead by Mary Hooper {review here}
  19. Asenath by Anna Patricio {review here}
  20. One Day by David Nicholls {review here}
And no, I haven't made a mistake, I did intend to list 20 books from my reading list (which consists of around 30 books, but I don't want to set my goal too high for my first year). I'm hoping that I'll finish at least 15 of these books if it turns out that some of them I don't finish or even get around to reading. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...