Friday, September 6, 2013

Book Haul (1)

I don't usually do these types of posts but I've bought/received so many books over the past 2 weeks or so that I thought I'd share them with you. This is what happens when I discover a stall in my local shopping centre with all novels $5, AND they keep bringing out more books - I can't help but buy some. Please forgive me in advance for the terrible photos. 

Looking for Alaska by John Green
Ahh John Green - the (unoffical) representaive for YA lit. I haven't read a lot of John Green in my time, so I thought I'd pick this one up since I did enjoy The Fault in Our Stars.

Withering TightsA Midsummer Tights Dream The Taming of the Tights by Louise Rennison
Quite a few years ago, I read Rennison's Confessions of Georige Nicholson series, and absolutely loved it. Her books are a hoot and a half. So naturally when I stumbled across her new series, that's already had 3 books released, I had to buy them all!

Vortex by Julie Cross
This one I pre-ordered at the end of last year, since I loved the first novel in the series, Tempest. I'm excited to read this one - hopefully soon. 



The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales
I stumbled upon this at the book stall, and since it was only $5, and I think it could be quite interesting, I grabbed it.

Insatiable by Meg Cabot
I didn't really know much about this one when I picked it up, but I do know Meg Cabot - I'm currently reading her Abandon series, and loving it, so I thought this was a solid investment. 

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
I read City of Bones earlier this year, and whilst I wasn't in love with it, it was always my plan to continue on with the series at some point. Grabbing the second novel for only $5 was very convenient 

Angelfall by Susan Ee
I've heard about this one all over the blogosphere, so a couple of weeks ago, I decided to grab this one on The Book Depository. I've no doubt I'll enjoy it - everyone is singing its praises!

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith
Another one I've seen around the blogosphere for a while now. I always intended to grab this, but I just never got around to it - so finally, I grabbed with when I bought Angelfall.

Once by Anna Carey
This one is the second novel in the Eve Trilogy. I've had Eve on my wishlist for a while now, but I never got around to getting it, so when I saw the sequel at the $5 stand, I picked it up as a way to force me to acquire the first novel and finally get onto reading the series. 

Have you read any of these? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Nice haul of books. I see some really good and interesting books in your haul. Lots of awesome YA titles. Come visit me as well. Old follower via bloglovin.

    http://gracebooksoflove.com
    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...