Friday, September 20, 2013

Let's Talk: Reading Put-Offs


Let's Talk is a weekly meme hosted by Melissa at i swim for oceans. Each week, there's a new topic to discuss. 

This week, let's talk about Reading Put-Offs.

Which books have you been putting off reading for a long time and why?

There are so many books that I put off reading. Shadow and Bone, Across the Universe, Delirium and Mila 2.0 have been sitting on my bookshelf for a couple of months now, even though I've heard great things about them and obviously want to read them at some point (hence why I bought them). But, for some reason or another, whenever I finish one book, it's a different book that I pick up to read next.

There are also heaps of series that I put off starting, for one reason or another. The Wicked Years series by Gregory Maguire is something I've been wanting to read for years, but I've only just now gotten around to reading book one. It was the same with the A Song of Ice and Fire series - I kept putting it off because the books are sooo long and I didn't think I had the time for them.

It's not that I put off books because I don't think I'll enjoy reading them - if I didn't think I'd enjoy reading them, I wouldn't add them to my TBR in the first place - it's just that there are soooooo many books out there to read. Its always a struggle to pick which book to read next because there are quite a few to choose from, and inevitably, some are going to keep getting pushed back because you've picked something else. Ahh, the struggles of the never ending TBR - so many books, so little time!

Posted on Let's Discuss hosted by The Fiction Conniption and Oh, Chrys! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up this week, Danielle! The DELIRIUM series is definitely worth a read, while Across the Universe was not nearly as strong for me. It's amazing how we all have books we hesitate to read, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...