Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (20)

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted at Pen to Paper

This week I'm wishing for...

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black 


Summary from Goodreads:

"Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown’s gates, you can never leave.

One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself."

Why I'm Wishing for It:
When this was first released I heard nothing but good things about it. Every review I saw for it was singing it's praises, and after reading the blurb, it's not hard to imagine why. I want to see what all the fuss is about!

What about you? What are you wishing for this week?

19 comments:

  1. This is one author that I never really took to. But I hope that you can get it soon and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my wishlist for ages! I love the sound of it. Hope you get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can both grab this soon! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome pick. I have this book already but I haven't read it yet. Looks great!
    Hope you get it soon! :)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully it is indeed awesome! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. This book looks pretty cool (no pun intended). I have been wanting it for a while also. Hope you can get your hands on it!

    Here's my WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha unintentional puns - the best kind! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, had that one on one of my WW. I love the sound of it and all the reviews say amazing things. Hope you'll get it soon :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WW ^_^

    XX Ner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully all those reviews are right! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. This is also a book on my list. It sounds so good and everyone seems to really enjoy it.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've come across a blogger who's read this and disliked it yet - hopefully we'll also enjoy it when we read it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I've heard a lot of things buzzing for 'Coldtown'. I'm not big on vampires, but like you, I'm dying (ah, no pun intended) to know what all the fuss is about for it. Plus, that summary sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More unintentional puns! Haha. Hopefully we both get our hands on this one soon! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I just found a copy at a used book sale last night! I'm looking forward to reading it too! Nice pick. :)

    Lisa
    My Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheap books = WIN! Hopefully you enjoy this one too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Yes! I actually have seen a negative review or two, but mostly they're usually very positive :) Great pick!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O a negative review?!? Well, at least it was a positive one! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  10. I have seen this book around a lot recently. I have looked into it myself. I hope you get it soon!
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/wishlist-wednesday-65.html
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this one seems to be everywhere. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...