Friday, April 13, 2012

Book Review: Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: 15th November 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Format: eBook
Pages: 352
Rating: 5.0/5.0


This book was read as part of the 2012 OTS Challenge 

Summary from Amazon:
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery"You can't touch me," I whisper.
I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.
He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.
But things happen when people touch me.
Strange things.
Bad things.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.
But Juliette has plans of her own.
After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.  

Review:
I've actually found this review really hard to write, which is why it's taken me a week to post this (sorry about that :/). The problem I have is that I don't know what to say besides the following: 
This. book. was. AMAZING. I loved everything about this book - the plot, the setting, the characters, the writing style - almost everything about this book was brilliant.
There were only a couple of little cons in this book. 1. There is a pretty intensive love story in this book, with some sexual content (only kissing). But hey, this part didn't really bother me that much. 2. What did bother me though, was the fact that Juliette's feelings for Adam seemed a bit convenient, what with him being that only person she has met in her life whom she can actually touch. But honestly, these are minor, minor points that you hardly notice whilst reading the book.
Overall, this is a definite must read. If you're not convinced, check out the book trailer below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...