Monday, April 9, 2012

A to Z Blogging Challenge - I is for...


...Interesting Words.

I don't know about you, but I love finding new words that sound interesting. Surely I'm not the only one with favourite words, right? Some of my favourite words include:

Plethora: 1. a superabundance; an excess. 2. an excess of blood in the circulatory system or in one organ or area

Zee: 1. the letter Z. I just love this word because it's easy to use when playing Scrabble or Words with Friends, which I am currently addicted too :D

Cornucopia
(thank you The Hunger Games): 1. a goat's horn overflowing with fruit, flowers, and grain, signifying prosperity. 2. the horn of the goat that suckled Zeus, which broke off and became filled with fruit. In folklore, it became full of whatever its owner desired. 3. a cone-shaped ornament or receptacle. 4. an overflowing store; an abundance

Hamartia (thank you English class): 1. a fatal flaw


What about you? Do you have any favourite words?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Whilst I may not always reply to comments, I do see them and appreciate them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...